Monday, October 18, 2010

DOGSLED DREAMS

Recently, I had the privilege of reading a fantastic middle grade novel: DOGSLED DREAMS by Terry Lynn Johnson. Terry and I share a love of dogs and writing, so I was honored and thrilled when she asked me if I would be willing to read an ARC (an advanced reader copy) of DOGSLED DREAMS, due out in January of 2011. What a treat reading this novel turned out to be!

I loved Terry’s writing, to begin with. Crisp and vivid details pulled me right into her story about twelve-year-old Rebecca and her hopes of becoming a famous dog sled racer. And the first chapter includes an event that propelled me right into the second chapter despite the fact that it was long past my snooze time and I’d had a crazy schedule waiting for me the next day. Let me assure you that reading past my bedtime, especially when I know that the nasty alarm will be screaming too early, is an indication that I am very much into a story.

DOGSLED DREAMS kept me interested and flipping pages until the very end. I found this novel to be engaging, often exciting, and really funny at times. It is full of fascinating information about dog sled racing and some of the dogs that are a part of it. Rebecca and her wonderful pups came alive and brought me along with them on their adventures. What could be better? I loved it!

You can read more about Terry Lynn Johnson and DOGSLED DREAMS at http://www.terrylynnjohnson.com/

Happy reading!

14 comments:

  1. I'm delighted that someone else finds Dogsled Dreams as good a read as I did and do. Terry put a lot of work into the original manuscript and then hours and hours working with editors. She is the ideal author for any publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one! I love dog stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, glad you enjoyed Dogsled Dreams. I'm looking forward to reading it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! *blushes* thank you so much for the kind words and the shout out! Wow!

    I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful comments! Thanks, everyone.
    And Terry: Reading DOGSLED DREAMS was truly my pleasure! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! I can't wait for the book to come out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review! I'm looking forward to reading this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review! This is on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I'm so glad you liked the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're in for a treat, Rena--especially if you love dogs. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review...you know when a book trumps sleep it's got to be good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was very happy to find Terry Lynn (and now I've found you). I have always loved middle grade/YA literature, and recently got, in trade, from a used bookstore some wonderful old and not so old titles!

    I'm always happy to find new titles. Based on your praise of Dogsled Dreams, it's definitely on my list to buy.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Sharon. And so true--a book has got to be good to be worth losing sleep over! : )

    I'm glad that you found me, too, Ann! : ) Wonderful books are such a treat and worth sharing.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete